- 0 INTRODUCTION
Background of the study
An entrance examination is an examination that many educational institutions use to select students for admission. These exams may be administered at any level of education, from primary to higher education, although they are more common at higher levels. Online entrance examination systems are very convenient and fast. Online entrance examination system has three purposes.
- To allow entrance examination takers at different places to take the examination at the same time through the online entrance examination website.
- Through careful planning and proper coding, enable entrance examination, result checking and admission status on the websites.
- To integrate database with the program allowing administrator easily addition of question and creation of entrance examination.
This document will propose all features and procedures to develop the system. This document specially containing details about objectives, scope limitation, process model, primary requirements, team development, possible project risks, project schedule, and finally monitoring and reporting mechanisms. Online entrance examination system is very useful for Educational Institute to prepare an exam, safe the time that will take to check the paper and prepare mark sheets. It will help the Institute to entrance examinationing of students and develop their skills. But the disadvantages for this system, it takes a lot of times when you prepare the exam at the first time for usage. And we are needs number of computers with the same number of students. The effective use of “Online entrance examination system”, any Educational Institute or training centers can be use it to develop their strategy for putting the exams, and for getting better results in less time.
However the formulation of question for entrance examination is often treated with consciousness. With the developing of computer application technology, more and more computer application software is coming up. This application software‘s associated to every part of people‘s daily life, and so does the examinations. Just like other application system, examination systems develop very fast, from simple stand-alone system to C/S based system, and now some WEB based system. Although there are a lot of examination systems, but there also have blanks in some special fields. Examination Evaluation System integrated into the Multimedia Emulation Training System of certain type equipment is designed and will be introduced. This system can be used to help people familiar with the equipment usage quickly which can save money and time. Now the following will analysis and contrast the existing examination systems, and shoveling out the improvement of our examination system. Then we will introduce some characteristics of our system in chapter 3. And in chapter 4 we will introduce the key technology that applied in our system. At last we make a summary on our system and make a brief prospect on the future of the examination system.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
- Corporate between the data stored in the server of the Institution and our on line entrance examination system. To deal with On-line System in an easy way and an efficient mannered. (Connection process)
- Create strong and secrete data base that allow for any connection in a secret way, to prevent any outside or inside attacks or question leakage.
- Specify a privilege to administrators to be able to change their question at will before the online entrance examination.
- Prevention of exam malpractices by applying strict timing possibility for each question and marking of questions immediately, The student fear of been marked down is eradicated and sorting practice is reduced.
1.4 JUSTIFICATION FOR THE SYSTEM
Due to the inconsistency which have persisted in entrance examination system through the university administration system and neighboring institutions
The justification for this work is as follows:
- To do away with manual method of paper and pen for entrance examination which have posed serious threat to the standard of student ability during exams.
- The manual method could not handle the problem of sorting,and exam malpractice during exams as result an efficient method has to be put in place to eradicate the possibility of occurrence. An ―on-line entrance examination system‖.
- To reduce the fears of student thinking they where mark down during the entrance exams.
- To save cost of constant purchase of answer booklets and also save time and human labor of strolling round the exams to checking for student irregular act in the exam hall, malpractices etc.
- Entrance examination student can easily write their exam anywhere around the globe once they purchase the school scratch card for the entrance examination.
1.5 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
Design and implementation of an online entrance examination system. This system allows candidates to register and take an examination in the system. The teachers of this system are allowed to login for contributing questions and viewing profile of candidates. Administrators will be able to access the system to sign up to a new entrance examination, manage questions, accounts and view profile of the candidates.
I will borrow a host for implementation our system. Our group will keep the existing entrance examination catalog database by using Microsoft access to access database.
At the first entrance examination, guest must register an account to become a candidate by fill all required information such as name, birthday…. Once the registration process is completed for a guest, the registration system sends information to the billing system so the guest can be logged in the system.
After that, the system will allow candidate to login and select a department for examining.
Every time, the candidates will be able to view their profile.
The teacher must be able to access the online system to contribute questions. They also can view the profile of candidates.
The administrator manages operation of the system such as managing accounts and questions, viewing profile of candidates.
- Type of Questions-multiple choice, true/false, fill in the blanks and essay.
- Exams can be timed or untimed set the date and time when the specific entrance examination has to be available. Can include pictures, graphics and flash (.swf) files in the questions of the online examinations.
- The Student and Faculty details are stored in the database.
- The Online entrance examination system has a password based authentication system for students as well as System Administrator.
- Trends Graphs Included for analysis-system is capable of generating statistical data for examiner.
1.6 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This Supplementary Specification applies to the Online entrance Examination, which will be developed by me under close supervision of Mrs. Chizoba Emeze using all the necessary material within my reach to ensure a successful project result.
This specification defines the non-functional requirements of the system; such as reliability, usability, performance, and supportability, as well as functional requirements that are common across a number of use cases. (The functional requirements are defined in the Use Case Specifications.)
Multiple users must be able to perform their work concurrently. If student is running out of time, it should be notified.
Protect student from cheating.
1.7 SIGNIFICANCE OF STUDY
In the modern world with all the complexities involve in managing a university management requires well structured and scientifically derivable information as a basis for online entrance examination for student.
The survival and continuous growth relies on the management of the automated system. In some places like Europe they make use of the online for entrance examination for student this method has proven to be very efficient and met so many standardization eliminating the manual method of pen and paper.
The study will contribute positively to show student their answer and admission status after the exams if they have met the necessary school perquisite.
In this era of dwindling resources the management of public and private institution, will need an effective system (online entrance examination system).with online entrance examination system human labor is saved, time and cost is maximized effectively.
This document is used to define terminology specific to the problem domain, explaining terms, which may be unfamiliar to the reader of the use-case descriptions or other project documents. Often, this document can be used as an informal data dictionary, capturing data definitions so that use-case descriptions and other project documents can focus on what the system must do with the information.
The glossary contains the working definitions for the key concepts in the Online Examination System.
A entrance examination offered the system, have some question and multiple choices answer.
A person contributes questions and views profile of candidates.
A person has an account on the online entrance examination.
A person manages the operation of the system.
A person registers an account in the online entrance examination.
All the information of candidate such name, birthday, grades of all examined entrance examinations.
A problem has 4 choices and only correct answer.
This Project is is available for the below list of Nigerian State capitals.
Abia Umuahia, Adamawa Yola, Akwa Ibom Uyo, Anambra Awka, Bauchi Bauchi, Bayelsa Yenagoa, Benue Makurdi, Borno Maiduguri, Cross River Calabar, Delta Asaba, Ebonyi Abakaliki, Edo Benin. Ekiti Ado Ekiti, Enugu Enugu, Gombe Gombe, Imo Owerri, Jigawa Dutse, Kaduna Kaduna, Kano Kano, Katsina Katsina, Kebbi Birnin Kebbi, Kogi Lokoja, Kwara Ilorin, Lagos Ikeja, Nasarawa Lafia, Niger Minna, Ogun Abeokuta, Ondo Akure, Osun Oshogbo, Oyo Ibadan, Plateau Jos, Rivers Port Harcourt, Sokoto Sokoto, Taraba Jalingo, Yobe Damaturu, Zamfara Gusau, FCT Abuja.
HOW TO ORDER FOR COMPLETE PROJECT MATERIAL
» Bank Branch Deposits, ATM/online transfers (Amount: ₦3,000 NGN)
|Bank: FIRST BANK Account Name: OMOOGUN TAIYE Account Number: 3116913871 Account Type: SAVINGS Amount: ₦3,000 AFTER PAYMENT, TEXT YOUR TOPIC AND VALID EMAIL ADDRESS TO 07064961036 OR 08068355992 OR Click Here|
|Bank: ACCESS BANK Account Name: OMOOGUN TAIYE Account Number: 0766765735 Account Type: SAVINGS Amount: ₦3,000 AFTER PAYMENT, TEXT YOUR TOPIC AND VALID EMAIL ADDRESS TO 07064961036 OR 08068355992 Click Here|
|Bank: HERITAGE BANK Account Name: OMOOGUN TAIYE Account Number: 1909068248 Account Type: SAVINGS Amount: ₦3,000 AFTER PAYMENT, TEXT YOUR TOPIC AND VALID EMAIL ADDRESS TO 07064961036 OR 08068355992 Click Here|